Dallas Texas Tort Claims Act Attorney | Lawyers that Sue Dallas or Texas
Dallas Texas Tort Claims Act lawyers may pursue cases against state the Texas, the City of Dallas or Dallas County, Texas. In order to accomplish this task, they must follow the rules set forth in the Texas Tort Claims Act.
- Sec. 101.021. Governmental Liability.
- Sec. 101.0211. No Liability for Joint Enterprise.
- Sec. 101.0215. Liability of a Municipality.
- Sec. 101.022. Duty Owed: Premise and Special Defects.
- Sec. 101.023. Limitation on Liability on Amount of Liability.
- Sec. 101.024. Exemplary Damages.
- Sec. 101.025. Waiver of Governmental Immunity Permission to Sue.
- Sec. 101.026. Individual's Immunity Preserved.
- Sec. 101.027. Liability Insurance.
- Sec. 101.028. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Sec. 101.029. Liability for Certain Conduct of State Prison Inmates.
- Sec. 101.051. School and Junior College Districts Partially Excluded.
- Sec. 101.052. Legislative.
- Sec. 101.053. Judicial.
- Sec. 101.054. State Military Personnel.
- Sec. 101.055. Certain Governmental Functions.
- Sec. 101.056. Discretionary Powers.
- Sec. 101.057. Civil Disobedience and Intentional Torts.
- Sec. 101.058. Landowner's Liability.
- Sec. 101.059. Attractive Nuisances.
- Sec. 101.060. Traffic and Road Control Devices.
- Sec. 101.061. Tort Committed Before January 1, 1970.
- Sec. 101.062. 9-1-1 Emergency Service.
- Sec. 101.063. Members of Public Health District.
- Sec. 101.064. Land Acquired Under Foreclosure of Lien.
- Sec. 101.065. Negligence of Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers.
- Sec. 101.066. Computer Date Failure.
- Sec. 101.067. Graffiti Removal.
Rosa A. Rios
Dallas City Hall
1500 Marilla Street, Room 5D South
Dallas, Texas 75201-6390
- Sec. 101.102. Commencement of Suit.
- Sec. 101.103. Legal Representation.
- Sec. 101.104. Evidence of Insurance Coverage.
- Sec. 101.105. Settlement.
- Sec. 101.106. Election of Remedies.
- Sec. 101.107. Payment and Collection of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.108. Ad Valorem Taxes for Payment of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.109. Payment of Claims against Certain Universities.
Dallas County Regulations
Dallas County has its own regulations concerning claims under the Texas Tort Claims Act:
The current consulting law firm of the District is hereby appointed to represent and to respond promptly and effectively to any claims against the directors, officers, and employees of the District for actions taken or not taken in the performance of their duties as directors, officers and employees of the District. (Order O-0052, sec. 1 (1.1500), adopted 9/27/11)
(a) Committee Established. A committee to investigate allegations and/or complaints brought against the District itself or against any employee of the District is hereby established. The committee shall be made up of two (2) board members.
(b) Powers and Duties of Committee. The committee shall have the following powers and perform the following duties:
(1) Make a proper and in-depth investigation on behalf of the entire Board of Directors into any allegations and/or complaint brought against the District or any employee of the District.
(2) Action may only be taken with the approval and consent of both members of the committee.
(3) Report back to the entire Board all findings of fact and/or evidence regarding any allegation and/or complaint.
Please visit our Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer page for an understanding of the difference between the state action and the federal action.
Dallas attorneys that sue the City of Dallas, or Dallas County or the state of Texas Serve
Clients throughout Central Texas, including Addison, Allen, Arlington, Audelia, Balch Springs, Bedford, Cedar Hill, Carrollton, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Dallas, Dalrock, De Soto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Ft. Worth, Forney, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Grand Prairie, Highland Park, Hutchins, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midlothian, Murphy, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, Trinity Mills, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, areas in the vicinity of Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, and other communities in Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, Kaufman County, and Rockwall County.