Dallas Auto Accident Attorney | Dallas Car Wreck Lawyer | Dallas Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Dallas area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Dallas, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Dallas area.
When Should You Hire a Dallas Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Dallas, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Dallas auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Dallas auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Dallas car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Dallas Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Dallas car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Dallas area and in all areas of Dallas County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Dallas, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Dallas accident attorney.
Dallas Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Dallas you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Dallas will try to successfully handle your Dallas car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to an Dallas bad faith insurance claim.
Dallas Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Dallas Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Dallas area. Dallas Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Dallas Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Dallas Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Dallas, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Dallas fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Dallas auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 676-6683 ;
- As soon as you are able, call a Dallas car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Dallas ambulance, you can later get information at:
Dallas EMS and Fire Department
Training Division, 5000 Dolphin Road Building A, Dallas, TX 75223
If you wish to obtain your medical records from a Dallas area EMS or the DFD, please complete the Medical Release Form.
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Dallas, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Dallas Police Department: (214) 670-6178
Dallas County Precinct 2: (214) 640-4766
Dallas County Precinct 4: (214) 875-2121
Dallas County Sheriff: (214) 749-8641
Other reasons to retain a Dallas, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Dallas County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Dallas, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Dallas County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Dallas car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Dallas will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
A Dallas injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Dallas car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Dallas County Civil Courts or Dallas County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Dallas trial courts include:
Dallas County - County Court at Law No. 5
Dallas County - County Court at Law No. 4
Dallas County - County Court at Law No. 3
Dallas County - County Court at Law No. 2
- If your Dallas injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Dallas tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Dallas involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Dallas Residents
Baylor Heart and Vascular Center, L.L.P.
Baylor Specialty Health Centers
Children's Medical Center Dallas
Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake
Firestone Complete Auto Care
AutoBUSTERS Auto Service
Dollar Rent A Car
Hertz Rent A Car
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Dallas area or anywhere in Dallas County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Dallas vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Dallas and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Addison, Allen, Arlington, Audelia, Balch Springs, Bedford, Cedar Hill, Carrollton, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Dallas, Dalrock, De Soto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Ft. Worth, Forney, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Grand Prairie, Highland Park, Hutchins, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mansfield, Mesquite, Midlothian, Murphy, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, Trinity Mills, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, areas in the vicinity of Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, and other communities in Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, Kaufman County, and Rockwall County.